The Tigers’ Third Triumph

Maya Bose, Copy Editor

On Friday, Oct. 14, Wheaton Warrenville South Varsity football team won against Lake Park High School 32-17, marking the third overwhelming victory of the Tigers’ season. Highlights of the game include two consecutive 99-yard kickoff return touchdowns, the first scored by Lake Park and the second scored by Colin Moore, a senior on the Tigers football team. Jake Vozza, another senior, scored a 10-yard touchdown run. Additionally, there were four interceptions during the game, and the Tigers gained 170 total yards.

This was also the Tigers’ last home game, and served as senior night for both the football team and the marching band. As the seniors were honored before the game, proud parents were present during the ceremony, waving baby pictures with big smiles. This year, there are 23 seniors graduating from the Tigers football team, and 15 seniors on marching band.

Despite cold temperatures and rainy skies, many football fans gathered to support the Tigers, decked out in bright orange and rain ponchos. A strong sense of school spirit was present as people handed out free pizzas and congregated for the pregame tailgate in the Field House. The crowd was fired up throughout the game, cheering loudly with music as they celebrated the victory. 

However, due to the weather causing electricity issues, the pit section of the Tiger marching band was unable to perform during halftime.

“After being anxious for the first half of the game, not knowing if we would play or not, I was disappointed that we were ultimately unable to play on our senior night,” one marching band senior expressed. Though they did not perform during halftime, fortunately, the pit section was still able to play throughout the game, adding a dramatic flair each time a touchdown was scored.

Congratulations to the Tigers Varsity team for their third win of the season!