The Choral Classic Has Become An Instant Classic

Tyler Bouris, staff writer

Wheaton Warrenville South High School recently hosted their annual Choral Classic invitational competition on Friday, March 10, and Saturday, March 11. This show choir competition held by WWS’s show choirs manifested as a friendly tournament that proved to be the highlight of the weekend. Throughout this two-day-long event, it provided opportunities for several show choirs around the nation, and local choirs to compete for the grand champion title. This competition served as the last competition for several of the show choirs that participated. Before the event, all the students, and parents involved came together and worked hard to set up the event for the schools.“I thought the Choral Classic was a resounding success, with a full slate of performance groups from around the country filling the weekend,” stated by Kyle Grace, the lead director of the WWS all-girl show choir, Esprit. “We look forward to hosting and creating an even better experience next year!”  

This show choir contest included a middle school show choir competition on Friday, and the high school portion transpired the next day on Saturday. At the end of the day, the middle school that rose to the top of the competition, and acquired the 1st place trophy was Mt. Zion’s, show choir, Sound System. The next day, high school students competed, and the judges made an overall consensus, which gifted Wheaton North High School’s show choir, Flight, the title of the grand champs. The other schools that competed had a positive outlook on the competition that proved that the tournament is a favorite amongst the attendees. “Our experience at the Choral Classic was amazing,” expressed Arden Han, and Mary Hanssel, who are both juniors from the all-girl choir High Heeled Harmony from Naperville North High School that attended the event. ”We were able to see so many high-quality groups, and our hosts were so nice.” 

In conclusion, the Choral Classic is a well-run, and high-quality competition. This event is a beloved occasion that people love attending, and being a part of. Furthermore, the Choral Classic has showcased outstanding talent from all over the nation, which indicates that I will be a fan favorite for years to come.