Fashion Show

Abby Barson, staff writer

The annual Wheaton Warrenville South Fashion Show hit the runway with everyone feverish for fashion with the theme “Fashion Fever” on Thursday, March 2 in the auditorium of Wheaton Warrenville South to showcase the elective, Fashion Merchandising. Those in Fashion Merchandising, as well as many seniors, modeled with seniors David Allgood and Sam Rizzo being the emcees for the show, and Nicole Doyle directing the Fashion Show from the start.

Nicole Doyle, the director of Wheaton Warrenville South’s Fashion Show said: “This group of students had some awesome ideas. There is so much communication that has to happen between businesses, stylists, boutiques, raffle donators, and vendors, as well as among all the students and their committees. The fashion show gives students an opportunity to lead. It brings them out of their comfort zone with clothing and dresses and being on stage.”

Opening the show was an introductory video followed by a special start of disco-themed outfits with many older hits playing, including “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind, & Fire, “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” by ABBA, and many others. A disco dance-off ensued with teachers stepping forward with their disco moves with a total of nineteen teachers participating. 

There was a raffle sponsored by many local businesses including Benefits Cosmetics, Next Yoga, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and plenty others. Following the raffle was the Casual Wear section with clothing from Blonde Boutique, Calvin Klein, Fuschia, Hazelry, Jayne, Jeans & a Cute Top Shop, Karisma Boutique, Meredith Jaye, and Wyckwood House.

The Wheaton Warrenville South Dance Team performed “Kill the Lights” by Alex Newell, Jess Glynne, & DJ Cassidy spectacularly followed by the Prom segment with students modeling formal wear from Black Tie Formal Wear, Formally Modern Tuxedo, Men’s Wearhouse, and Peaches Boutique. 

To close off the spectacular show was a throwback video featuring each and every student that helped create the special moment with thanks to both the teachers and students alike.   

If you missed this disco-themed fashion fever, you can watch the show on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHzjx2Zaxs.